Thursday, June 21, 2007

Goin' campin'!

We're leaving today for a long weekend camping trip to the North Shore (Lake Superior). I'm just waiting for Paul to come home, then we're outa here!

Camper's ready - full of food, clothes, and fun things to do.

I'm going to start a new camping spindling project. I've got 4 ounces of 'Canyon Shadows' by Three Bags Full to spin. I picked it up at the 2005 SOAR in Park City from Morgaine, at Carolina Homespun. It was an exclusive to SOAR blend with Romeldale wool, tencel, silk and silk noil. Should be fun to spin, it's kind of a rustic looking blend. It's been sitting in my stash, waiting for the right time.

It'll be my first project with my new Fox Den Fiber Arts polymer clay spindle. I just love the look of this spindle. It coordinates with the fiber too, doesn't it?! Ah, yes, I'm an extraordinarily color coordinated person. ; )

And, hey, I got my confirmation to SOAR for this year! I'll be taking fiber preparation with Robin Russo. Yay!!! Last year I was waitlisted, and didn't get to go. I'm counting the days til October.




No comments: