Tuesday, May 1, 2007

260 Yards of Coopworth Lamb


Finished spinning the light gray portion of the coopworth lamb fleece last evening, so today I plied, washed and hung the finished product on the clothesline. This last bit is 260 yards of approx. worsted weight yarn.

I'm planning to knit a Rambling Rows afghan for our camper with this fleece. I still have the medium gray and the darkest gray from the same fleece to card and spin.

This is the first major project I've done with my Strauch Petite drum carder. It sure beats hand cards for handling quantity, but I'm not 100% sure that I'm doing it with maximum efficiency. I'm signed up to take a carder class at Shepherd's Harvest on May 12. I'm really looking forward to it. I also registered for the Fiber Prep class at SOAR this fall (but registrations are not finalized till June).

Also hung clothes on the line today. Mmmmmm, I LOVE towels and sheets dried on the clothesline!!

No comments: